Storing and packing just got easier! Here are a few helpful storage tips...
2. Break down large items such as bed frames, tables, and large furniture, and don't forget to keep all parts (screws and smaller items) together by taping them to the item.
3. Wrap furniture legs with protective bubble wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching.
4. Label boxes on all sides for easy identification.
5. Make sure fragile boxes are placed on top of heavier, less delicate boxes. Be sure not to over pack boxes as they can get heavy and dangerous.
6. Place frequently accessed items towards the front of your unit. Less frequently needed items should be placed toward the rear of your unit.
7. Boxes that are tightly sealed with packing tape will prevent dust from entering.
8. Use furniture covers or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit.
9. When storing business files, leave a walkway down the center of your unit to make accessing items easier.
10. Do not store anything flammable (such as paint or other chemicals) or perishable.
11. Drain any fluids prior to storing snow blowers, lawnmowers, and other equipment. Do not store hazardous or combustible materials.
12. Purchase a secure, high quality lock. One of the most highly recommended is the disk lock.